7 december 2008

Docs Find Worm In Woman's Brain

Worms
Article

Summary

On a day in Arizona, Rosemary Alvarez went to the emergency room and had an x-ray. Doctors found something very disturbing in her brain. They thought that it was a tumor, but when they did the operation they found an unsuspected worm in her brain. The operation was done by neurosurgeon Dr. Peter Nakaji. He laughs very hard when he found the worm. Luckily Ms. Alvarez is healthy now. There are a few ways how people can pick up a worm. The most common way is that people do not wash their hands after using the bathroom. Ms. Alvarez said, "Wash your hands, wash your hands".

My opinion

What an amazing, but very interesting article. I´ve already saw a program about a woman who has a horse fly maggot behind her scalp. In this story the worm lived in her brain. What this story also tells me, how important hygiene is, for example washing your hands. Maybe is it true, but I think that when we are very clean our resistance will decrease. Of course hygiene is important, but it is commercial blown-up. It is very sad for this woman that the worm lived in her brain. On the other hand how often does it happen that worms lives in brains?


2 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

Normally this is a good story for a horror movie. You think this is impossible, but you see that it happened. But how is it possible that if you do not wash your hands that a worm comes in your brain? Do you stick your dirty hands in your ear or something? It is a strange story but I suppose it is true because it comes from a reliable source

ukokjoostthijssen zei

OH MY GOD! That's just absurd, how can this be possible, it makes me wonder if i have a worm in my head. I think I have tons of them in my head because I can't even remember when I washed my hands for the last time,, nah just kidding haha :P